Tuesday 16 November 2010

Computer Arts 173 - "Good designers seem to be looking for authenticity rather than tendencies"

Kathryn Hudson

Kathryn Hudson is an Illustrator. By reading this article, I have  found out  she hand draws her work amd inks it using pens then she scans it onto the computer. She uses Photoshop for the colour. I quite admire her style of work. I like the dream - like effect she creates in each piece of work by using a muted colour scheme. I also found out that ever since she's been using Photoshop, she has been digitally colouring her Illustrations and developing her skills by doing this. She creates 2 styles of work. She creates 'Illustrative' work, this is aimed at commercial and editorial work. Her stylised look is for the childrens publishing market. I really like the pictures of her work displayed in this magazine. In one of her pieces 'The Departed Spiral', she has experimented with mood through geometry, textures and colour. I really like the choice of colours used because it gives a calm effect. In the picture 'Nest' her aim was to take her illustrative style into editorial and fashion publishing. I really like this piece of work because I think the birds in her hair gives a strange/weird effect.


Nest


Kathryn Hudson







The Departed Spiral



Links

www.nbillustration.co.uk/Kathryn-hudson

http://www.katillustrations.com/

No comments: